Home > Festival Foods > Deep Fried Twinkies > Hostess Fried Twinkie Information
Deep Fried Twinkies Information
Deep Fried Twinkies are battered Hostess Twinkies. Also known as “Golden Sponge Cake with Creamy Filling”, twinkies have been packed in lunch boxes for years & many of us remember licking the remainder of the cream from the cardboard. You gotta try this new novelty item sold at festivals, fairs and events.
Deep Fried Twinkies Fast Facts
• Twinkies are frozen before being dipped into batter and fried.
• Christopher Sell invented the "fried twinkie" at the ChipShop, his restaurant in Brooklyn, New York.
• Fried Twinkies are sold throughout the U.S. in state fairs, as well as ball park games.
• Fried Twinkies are prepared with a fish batter, consisting of flour, egg & vinegar.
• The desert is usually topped with powdered sugar & a raspberry sauce.
• King sized versions pack in 700 calories with 44 grams of fat.
How To Start A Concession Stand
Home | Events | Things To Do | Fun Stuff | Classifieds | Vendors | Entertainers | VIP | News | Blog | Store | Businesses
Celebration & Holiday Foods For Events, Shows, Parades | Search | Contact | About | Privacy
Return to this Fried Twinkies page anytime for updated info on festival foods & Deep Fried Twinkies!