Home > Festival Foods > Dippin Dots > Dots Ice Cream Information
Dippin Dots® Information
Dippin Dots ice cream was invented by Curt Jones, a microbiologist, by super-cold freezing methods that turned the ice cream into little beads. They were first created in 1988 and currently come in many different flavors. At first bite, the flavorful ice cream is very cold, but quickly begins to melt in your mouth.
Dippin Dots Fast Facts
• This frozen treat would stick together if stored in a standard freezer.
• The "dots" are created by flash freezing ice cream mix in liquid nitrogen.
• The company is headquartered in Paducah, Kentucky.
• A dotwich is an ice cream sandwich made by combining dots & fudge placed between two cookies.
• The novelty was patented, but the patent was ruled invalid in February of 2007.
• Total investment of a Dippin Dots franchise is between $45,600 - $189,800.
How To Start A Concession Stand
Home | Events | Things To Do | Fun Stuff | Classifieds | Vendors | Entertainers | VIP | News | Blog | Store | Businesses
Celebration & Holiday Foods For Events, Shows, Parades | Search | Contact | About | Privacy
Return to this ice cream of the future page anytime for new info on Dip-n-Dots!