World Renown SEMA Show Winner - Madillac 1996 Chevy Tahoe - Branson, Missouri
by Cheryl Stauffer
(Branson, MO, USA)
World Renown SEMA Show Winner - Madillac 1996 Chevy Tahoe
6/17/2016 Branson, Missouri - Custom car builder Jerry Starling’s 1996 full custom Tahoe that has become known around the world as the “Madillac”. This “one of a kind” show winner built by Kevin and Randy Cox is not for the amateur car enthusiast but more suited for the serious car collector. Over the past 15 years this iconic custom truck has been in dozens of car shows and has won every single show it has been entered into. This truck has become famous enough to have its own collector card for hot wheels. In addition, this amazing custom vehicle is the Winner at 4 Sema shows and on the cover of 7 major car magazines including Trucking and Hot Rod magazine and also featured in dozens of other car magazines.
Over 80 custom body modifications and $190,000 went into the building of this insane custom build. The truck is not only a top show award winner but it's very functional and fun to drive. Because it is so custom even though it's a 1996 Tahoe it's absolutely timeless with the current trends at today's car shows which explains why it still wins first place.
The “Madillac” is the most iconic custom truck build of the 20th century which has opened the gate to future truck and car customization. "Truckin Magazine”
All proceeds of the "Madillac" will go to Starling's lovely wife Marlene. I am simply getting the information of this custom Tahoe out to the world. I drove it last week and the supercharged 350 v8 has impressive power and is fun to drive. The totally custom Stereo is unbelievable and combined with the cool hydraulics? All I could say was WOW! Definitely the most incredible vehicle I have ever been in. There are also many cool hidden features like "LED" lights and power options for hidden deck cabinets, etc.
Feel free to ask any questions or schedule an appointment to come see it in Branson, Missouri. Too many cool features to name them all but below is a "quick-list" along with one of the magazine article. Good luck and don't hesitate to contact us.
1. First and foremost this 96 Tahoe custom is chopped and dropped that is part Cadillac, part Tahoe and looks like a tricked out Nomad.
2. This 96 Chevy Tahoe was built by car builders Randy and Kevin cox from Custom Concepts in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in collaboration with Starling Enterprises.
3. The "Mad-illac" has become known around America and even into Asia and Europe by car enthusiasts.
4. Radically chopped top - installed a 2000 Cadillac Escalade front end on the truck , including the grill fenders and hood. Narrowed 01 GMC bumper ..air out suspension without making contact anywhere to make bumper close to ground at full deflation.
5. Reworked upper door frame to match the top chop molded mirror mounts.
6. Sleek molded Chevy Malibu rear door handles smooth flow lines instead of stock truck handles and drenched in billet shorty antenna mast into the Tahoe's b pillar.
7. Smoothed windshield cowl vents and removed factory tail lights and I installed sir michaels roll pan. 48" led strip by hitch in the pan. .relocated taillight handle to the inside several coats of Dupont Lamborghini pearl yellow paint with billet accessories direct in Tulsa, Oklahoma fabricate custom Chevy Nomad style exterior trim. Custom polished side strip adorn the Tahoe on each side.
8. Bonspeed 20xeight front 22xten rear laguna wheels wrapped in dunlop Twenty Inch front tires and Twenty two Inch rear tires with extra set of tires and wheels shown in pictures!
9. Billet accessories direct steering wheel with color matched trim ring Bonspeed wheels BAD pedals and interior trim
10. Four speed automatic transmission with B&M trans cooler and racing street bandit shifter custom fabricated center console
11. Rides on factory Chevrolet chassis with
with an extensive meltdown rear from notch to allow the truck to be dropped to the ground. up front are belch 2" dropped spindles air bags and KYB shocks. . . Highway gears retained but leaf spring two link suspension setup with pan hard bar. rear has KYB shock and air bags to make room for air supply tank floor pan was raised for more clearance. . .staggered wheel combination to clear tires and wheels.
12. Inside is as amazing as the outside. . .multi time USACi and IASCA sound competition Garry Biggs from Tulas designed and built the interior.including one off hand fabricated dash, door panels and audio system. interior sheet metal lined with dynamite sound deadening material. dash built with center mount clusters from an 03 chevy painted and modified to fit in the 96 tahoe and custom molded flowing shaped for the dash from wood and fiberglass then painted sections while upholstering the other sections. tahoe used reupholserred pontiac fire seats reshaped headrest removed. . . four of the bucket seats upholstered in lambskin leather with matching sides. floor and headliner upholstered in sand tweed. switch plate from suburban so front switches control power windows and back to switches control the air suspension with 3/8 inch air line and tank for quick air on demand.. switches hidden in door panel disguised as window switches.
13. Out back custom ingredients include shaved taillights shaved and smoothed tailgate drenched license plate box..custom made Nomad style billet tailgate trim pieces and a hi-tech LED stop light.
14. 3 inch piping leading to a three chamber flow master mufflers installed by HP racing in Oklahoma city. Optima battery topped by a tsunami battery buddy junction box to aid in powering the massive electronic system.
15. 3 displayed 6.5 inch clarion tv screens.
16. High end tri-coat Lamborghini diablo pearl yellow paint job.
17. Tsunami video system custom molded overhead console holds a video monitor to entertain rear seats passengers- 2nd monitor rear of tahoe to show video while truck on display tsunami RCA cables with Memphis 30 band graphic equalizers are used to precisely tune the sound system for competition. from equalizers signal is handed off to three memphis amplifiers that power the front and rear speakers as well as the 3 12 inch memphis subwoofers. . subs are inverted to show off custom fabricated enclosed molded into the rear of the tahoe. center amp is motorized with linear actuator to move up and down to reveal a tsunami fuss block status display built into the amp rack. maxwell opted focal 6.5 inch kevlar mid bass speaker installed in each kick panel in custom molded pods that position the speaker for optimum sound quality frequencies. Focal TLR tweeters molded into the a pillars. Directed electronic security system to protect the truck and remote start with full operational power windows and rear hatch release and control amplifier motorization. this system completely converts the chevy SUV with old school hot rodding flavor into a full custom interior amazing audio/video system and supercharged power plant with custom suspensions.
There are many articles written about the "Madillac" that gives you a clear idea of the detail that went into the build. .Just type in your browser "Mad-illac" and read a few of them. Below is an article written about the "Madillac" with more information and detail than I can give you. It truly is a 'one of a kind' ride.....Thanks and feel free to contact me with any questions.
More Used Classic Cars For Sale, Car Shows & Auto PagesClassic Cars | Antique Cars | Muscle Cars | Project Cars | Lowriders | Hot Rods
Rat Rods | Street Rods | Car Shows | Girls | Classic Car Insurance | Car Videos
Classifieds | Events | Attractions | Fun Stuff | Home | Privacy